Tuesday 20 November 2012

Potential target audience for my magazine.

   In todays world, a product such as a magazine, can not afford to not have a target audience as it is impossible to please everyone. However, just because there is a target market designed for your product it does not stop people outside your criteria from buying it. The factors i would have to take into account to work out my target audience are things such as;
• Age
• Location
• Gender
• Income level
• Education
• Marital or family status
• Occupation 
And also;
• Personality
• Attitudes
• Values
• Interests/hobbies
• Lifestyles
• Behavior
      When I have looked and took all of these things into account i will have to ask myself will there be enough people to fit the criteria of my target and will they potentially make my magazine popular making the sales rise.
    To understand my disired target audience of teenage girls (15+), i have been looking into some previously popular pop music magazines such as the history of 'Top of the pops' and 'Smash hits'. I have found that typically the colours, cover lines, and young boy celebrity endorsements are aimed at younger generations, specifically girls. In order to make my magazine a successable, realistic piece, i will have to follow, or replicate some of the previous magazines uses of the codes and conventions. However, i would obviously have to ensure that is was different and unique so it wasnt samey samey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment