Monday 3 December 2012

Publication Plan

PUBLICATION PLAN
Your magazine:
For my magazine i have decided to go for the music genre of 'pop'.  I have decided to aim my magazine at the younger generation particularly girls around the age of 15+ but then finishing at the 18 age range. I will ensure to make all the attributes of my magazine, sell able to my target audience.
Frequency of publication;
I will produce my magazine weekly
Price
£2.60
Distribution
I would like my magazine to be in any major convenience shop or book shop such as spar, WHSmith, Water Stones etc. The person whp will actually distribute my magazine will be the major distributer BBC as they distribute a similar magazine to mine 'Top of the pops'.
Rationale:
With my magazine i plan to focus on mainly pop music several different parts of the world, making my magazine sell able in loads of different places. This would allow my magazine to reach out to a wider target audience.
Style
Pop music generates from the term 'popular music', Obviously meaning the music is favoured by the public. I have decided to go for a younger teenage target audience (15+). However, having a target audience for my magazine does not stop me from reaching out to different ages which i can do by incoorparating different ranges of information. Obviously, for my target audience i will have to include topics on relevent chart music such as Rhianna, JLS, Katy Perry etc.
What is the regular content?
As my magazine is published weekly i will have to offer a section which will appear every single week. In providing a weekly feature i am providing the audience with something to look forward to and for the magazine to be familiar to them. I am thinking of including a weekly questionnaire for them to answer in order for them to send off and retrieve some form of prize. The prizes i will put on offer are girly things such a lipglosses, mascaras, perfumes etc. In doing this it would hopefully make the magazine more appealing.
Feature content
In order to make my magazine popular i will have to include something everyweek which sells the magazine,. eg; exclusive interviews, reviews, upcoming artists etc. In featuring aspects like these will increase the sales on my magazine as someone is most likely to buy the magazine if there is an interesting reason to do so. It will attract them and lure them in.
House style
The house style of my magazine will be pretty simliar with the use of colours and fonts. However, if i was to change the colours/font it would be to connect with maybe the colours, clothes, topic of certain images on different pages. I will also have to ensure my house style relates to my target audience so i will have to make sure it looks quite girly. The layout will be busy to show my magazine is full to brim of exciting information.
Contents page
For my double page spread and contents page, i want to make them so that they have similar sorts of fonts and colours so that it makes the magazine consistant. Also, in keying in all the colours it will make it look nice whilst being organised also it will make the magazine look more professional,whereas if there were loads of different colours, it would be very busy and confusing. I do however want to include a lot of cover lines and a lot of images to show my magazine has a lot to offer to make it seem worth the money and worth the time of reading. On my contents page i will make sure to include all the cover lines on the front page, including the exclusive interview with the celebrity and also a few more.
Double page spread
My double page spread will consist of a exclusive interview with a new up and coming celebrity. This celebrity will also be the cover star on my front page to make it consistant and relevent. On the double page spread i intend on having only a few images of the celeb and one larger them the others allowing the reader to see and concentrate on them fully. I will include text being the interview which will sometimes have to go around an image. I will use different font styles and colours to the front page and contents page to make the double page spread unique and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment